Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Loy Krathong Festival

Sunday was Loy Krathong Day, so one of the Thai teachers brought my housemate and I to the festival at the river. It was SO crowded! It was really strange to see some of my students there... I didn't even recognize a lot of them without their school uniforms. It was a lot of fun though, and I'm excited to have celebrated my first Thai holiday!

People walking towards the river with their Krathongs, all ready to be sent down the river.


People relaxing, eating, watching the Loy Krathong show (Thai dance and beauty contest).


We ran into one of my favorite students (appropriately named Thai Boy). He's in one of my M5 classes, which is the equivalent to juniors in America. He's not in the English program but he somehow still managed to become fluent! Please do not make fun of how much shorter I am than my student, or how much weight I've gained since I've gotten here. The other girl is my housemate, Erin.


A tour of one of the markets set up for the festivities...



No comments:

Post a Comment