Sunday, August 29, 2010

Last Day in KL

Yesterday was my last day in KL.. I did a bit of sightseeing and just walked around taking photos. I finally got my luggage back, so I made sure I got the most of my fully charged battery.

The Petronas Towers were the tallest buildings in the world until a taller one was built in Taipei in 2004.


They look really cool during the day, and even prettier at night!


I don't know what this is called, but I had one every day. It comes wrapped in a banana leaf and it's sweet coconut rice stuffed with something spicy. You know I don't do well with spicy food, but the sweetness of the rice complimented it nicely and I was able to really enjoy it!


Obligatory police photo for my Dad...


I FOUND MY JUICE!!! After a whole year of waiting, we're finally reunited =) It's sad, but I'm pretty sure this apple juice is what I miss most from Australia.


A statue outside of a temple near Chinatown


SO many motorbikes... everyone rides one here


I got a bag of fruit for breakfast every morning. They've got all different tropical fruits, so I tried a bunch of them and really liked them all! At this stall, I got the most amazing slice of honey melon I've ever had just after I took this picture.


Some sort of Indian snacks... anyone know what they're called? They were sweet and SO delicious. One was filled with dal and I think the other with peas? This language barrier thing is really starting to annoy me!


The streets all have these covered "sidewalks" which is definitely nice when it's pouring (which is always!) or really hot. Instead of concrete or something for sidewalks, they have tiles., which get nice and slippery when it rains. Someone didn't think that through when they were designing this city...


Creeping on this guy and his son.. the little boy was so cute! My hostel was one of the buildings on the right.


Bye bye, Malaysia!


No comments:

Post a Comment