Monday, August 23, 2010

My First Day in Frankfurt

The Main Tower is one of the tallest buildings in Frankfurt (a whopping 54 floors- ha!). We went to the observation deck on the top of the tower... it's such an amazing view!


Cathedrals in Germany are called Doms. For my first real taste of German history we checked out the Dom St. Bartholomaus.

We had dinner at a festival that's been going on on our street all weekend. I had my first authentic bratwurst... it was delicious! And ze Germans got me this gingerbread necklace. It says "cute little kitten" which is an endearing term in German... or so they tell me...


After dinner we took a walk down to the Mein River, which is now my favorite part of Frankfurt! We spent a lot of time there this weekend. We were lucky enough to be walking over a bridge during a fireworks show. It was such a typical view of Germany... SO pretty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment