Monday, September 20, 2010

Neung farang?? NEUNG farang!?

I left Bangkok yesterday and headed out to Kanchanaburi. It's about two hours northwest of Bangkok. It's very Thai and a great little getaway spot. I really like the town itself, but there's not much to do. It's kind of a gateway to lots of awesome things to see and places to go just outside of the town. Today I went out to a "safari" park… basically a zoo that you drive around and the animals come up to the van. I was the only one there at the time, so I had my own personal tour guide and safari (which sounds so much more exciting than it actually was). But, it was still pretty fun and it was an awesome bus ride out there, so that alone made it worth it!

No trip to Kanchanaburi is complete without seeing the famous Bridge Over the River Kwai!


As if having the street names on fish isn't awesome enough, using the Engrish spelling of Australia is even better.


Long live the King! Things like this are EVERYWHERE in Thailand. Thais really love their King.


Giraffes are my new favorite animal. I've never seen them up close and personal before today, but they're awesome.


Zebra!


Oh, hello there!


He loves me =)


Who knew there were ostriches in Thailand!?


Meet my new friend, June.


Due to the fact that I was the only one there, and the fact that there is an insurmountable language barrier between myself and everyone in this country, June and I had a nice little photoshoot.


Sorry to put you through this June, but you were a good sport. And you made my day!


Goodbye, June! It was nice meeting you.


Sunset from the dock outside my bungalow (side note: I have my own private bungalow with a porch overlooking the river)


It was SO pretty.


HDRI of the war cemetary


HDRI that I took at sunset. it's still blowing my mind... it was so dark I could barely see. I have no idea how it captured so much detail!


Tomorrow morning I'm heading off to the jungle for a day of elephant riding, trekking, and hot springs. I'll spend the night in the jungle with a hill tribe, and then continue the jungle fun the next day. I'll head back to Kanchanaburi on the Death Railway at night, and then my plans are completely up in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment